How It Works
THE BIG BASS FORMAT
Unlike traditional bass fishing tournaments where anglers weigh in five bass at the end of the day, the Bass Pro Shops/Cabela’s Big Bass Tour provides amateur anglers from all skill levels the opportunity to win multiple cash payouts each day during the hourly weigh-ins. Each tournament day features seven hourly weigh-ins that pay ten cash payouts each hour. That means each three day event offers a total of 210 hourly cash payouts. The angler with the overall biggest bass of the event will also win the Grand Prize of a brand new, fully rigged Nitro Z19 powered by Mercury 200HP. Anglers may only enter one bass per hourly weigh-in.
HOW DO I ENTER?
Entering is easy:
- Online here on the website.
- Onsite Registration – Host Location (Check event for specific onsite registration locations)
- Select either the (3-day $240 or 2-day $160 or 1-day $110 per angler) entry options.
- You will receive a confirmation of registration by email and/or text message immediately. (Check Spam/Junk folder if you don't receive)
- There will be no refunds of the entry fee unless an event is cancelled in advance.
- In the event a participant needs to cancel an entry (for any reason), the Bass Pro Shops/Cabela’s Big Bass Tour will move the Entry Fee forward to a subsequent event as a one-time courtesy.
- Registration for all events will close at 10:00pm on the day prior to the beginning of the event. There will be no late registration on Saturday and Sunday mornings of the event. Participants who register online on Saturday to fish on Sunday must do so by 6:00 pm on Saturday and must adhere to the off-limits rule listed in the official rules.
- The first 250 anglers to register (two day or three day entry) online for any event will receive a free custom Lew’s Big Bass Tour 6’10” medium-heavy casting rod, an $89.99 value along with a Srike King bait assortment valued at $20. If you qualified to receive an early entry rod you may pick them up onsite at one of the onsite registrations prior to the event or after 3pm on tournament days.
- There is no pre-tournament meeting to attend.
On the day of the event each angler will receive a “first cast” text indicating it’s time to begin fishing. In addition, each angler will receive a text message from event staff prior to the start of the first hourly weigh in containing a link to our “Live Leaderboard.” The constantly-updated leaderboard provides real-time information on the top ten places for the current hour.
Anglers may launch from any ramp they choose. There is no mandatory “host ramp.”
Each tournament day features seven hourly weigh-ins starting at 7:00am and ending at 2:00pm. Each hourly weigh-in awards cash payouts to the top ten biggest bass each hour as follows:
Guaranteed Hourly Payouts are $21,175 per day.
The hourly weigh-ins are held at the official “host site” identified in the “Event Details – Weigh in Site” on our website. Anglers are free to weigh their bass at any time during the designated hourly weigh-in, but you must be checked in at the fish care tanks ready to weigh-in before the end of the designated hourly weigh in. A digital “official time clock” will be on display at the fish care tanks. Anglers may travel to the weigh-in location by boat or may “trailer” back to the weigh-in location.
We offer courtesy weigh-in bags, although anglers may use their own weigh bag if they prefer. After placing your bass inside the weigh bag (be sure to fill with adequate water) simply bring your bass to the weigh-in line (look for the tents and fish-care tanks). BBT staff will ask you for your name and you will be called up to the weigh in stage by the tournament director to weigh your bass.
After weighing a fish, anglers are free to proceed immediately back to the lake to continue fishing after weighing their bass. No participant may have more than three bass (per participant) in his/her possession at any time during official event hours.
Guaranteed: $46,000 Value
2020 NITRO Z19 rigged with a Mercury® 200 L Pro XS FourStroke outboard, Minn Kota® Ultrex® 24V, 80-lb, Bow Humminbird® HELIX™ 8 DI G3N, Console Humminbird® HELIX™ 8 SI G3N, genuine two tone ratchet cover, tandem-axle 2 brakes NITRO® trailer w/powder-coat finish & GALVASHIELD® Impact corrosion & chip protection.
*This information does not supersede, nor does it substitute for reading the official event “Rules.” Please visit our Rules page at www.bigbasstour.com/rules